Thursday, January 12, 2012

{Find My Eye} Inspiration File

this was the first picture that came to my mind as I went to bed thinking of this exercise. I'm a fairly new hobbyist photographer, only bought my DSLR last July and somehow I connect this picture with the amount of flowers I've as my favourite photos. but this one is special, it was the first time I had a model and she was the sweetest young woman I could have dreamed off. so while she was changing clothes I asked her to take this shot. and it's the first time I'm sharing it anywhere. love the color and the boldness it represents.

5 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

Very cool! Both the shot and the story behind it. Boldness is a good word. To me, the shot says "Here I am, take it or leave it" - coming from you as much or more as the model. Thank you for sharing!!

Phyllis said...

This is a very bold photo indeed. There is a part of me that feels like I am a voyeur. I think it is because your eye is drawn right to the models belly button, which is a place one doesn't often see so close up. I think that the photo is made much more interesting by including the models fingers in the photo - they draw your eye into the photo. And of course not everyone would pierce their belly button - I have heard that it is a painful process!!

Mary said...

Great photo and story. It also brings up questions about piercings anywhere, but perhaps the belly button says most of all. Doesn't one ask others to look at the abdomen/belly button by piercing it? Isn't this true also of those who pierce noses, lips, tongues, etc. The photograph brings up questions that could be the beginning of a photo journalism essay or even a short story.

Conceição Paulino said...

Indeed surprising and beutiful both: photo anda yours words.
Love, mom

Ana C. said...

Ohhh muito obrigada Ana! Não estava nada à espera... És sempre um doce! :)
Muitos beijinhos, continua com o trabalho!