Monday, October 29, 2012

{Find My Eye} Recognizing

rose_frame

thanks to my inspiration file I had a new aha moment when I realized I prefer horizontal photos with the subject on the left side of the composition, maybe because I'm leftie. that awareness made start to shot also on the right side. anyway it's something I want to explore more. something else I realised is how much I prefer colour. also I love close-ups and I dream of having a macro lens. I also love to give my photos a vintage touch.

party_dessert
coastline edited

4 comments:

Indigo Janson said...

Good insight into the way you compose, Ana. I hadn't thought about vertical vs horizontal framing. The vintage effect works beautifully for your photography.

Bernice Hopper said...

Although I am influenced by composition I had never thought about liking the image to be only the left. That's really interesting. What software do you use for your vintage looks?

Kat Sloma said...

Yay for "aha" moments! They can help you see where you are, and where you want to go. I love the "rose" theme in your top two images. Similar but so different! As long as you stick with creating images you love, like your vintage feel, you are on your way to a style.

Nancy said...

Love your perspective and the filters you're using...I love close-ups too. Great shots! Blessings, Nancy