Monday, October 15, 2012

{Find My Eye} Why I Photograph..














photography gives taste to my life. changes my mood to happy in a single click. makes me dream wonderful stories. I'm a retired journalist since 2010 due to health issues. I was 40 years old then and felt completely lost. photography gave a new meaning to my life. I love to create and to edit. I love that amazing feeling of being in the right place at the right time that a shoot can give us. brought magic to my life again. with my illness I lost almost everything I new, lost faith in me. photography is healing me. I feel blessed to be able to capture the beauty around me. my little Nikon is a huge blessing in my journey.

4 comments:

Indigo Janson said...

Great visual metaphor here, Ana! I like the idea of photography as a healer and it sounds for you it truly has been a life saver.

Bernice Hopper said...

I've never thought of photography as a healer but other forms of art are therapy so why not photography?

Kat Sloma said...

Art is such a powerful tool for healing, and you give the perfect example of it. I love how you put it: "changes my mood to happy in a single click." I am so glad you are feeling better and able to participate in class again!

Amy said...

This is simply a beautiful post. I know exactly what you mean about photography in the right place at the right time.